Summary: Museum professional looking to educate, entertain, and engage by utilizing creativity, partnership, and dedication.
Education Specialist (Putnam Museum, Davenport, IA: Present)
•Director of Immerse, a program that invites a school class to spend their entire week at the museum, using museum artifacts to aid their studies. The program specifically targets Title 1 schools and serves over 700 kids a year. Responsible for managing and implementing the program, including communicating effectively with teachers and district administrators.
• Conducts in-house and outreach programming that serves hundreds of kids every year. Responsible for 5 in-house programs, 1 self-created, and capable of teaching over 20 different outreach programs, many of which are self-created.
• Created programming for and led two original summer camps in addition to helping with 9 other camps every summer. Original camps include Survival: Camp Z, about surviving the zombie apocalypse with lessons following CDC guidelines on disaster preparedness, and Create Your Own Superhero, where campers were able to write and illustrate their own comic books based on self-made lesson plans and visits from local artists.
Education Assistant (Putnam Museum, Davenport, IA: 2016)
•Taught afterschool programs on electricity and simple circuits to a group of 40 elementary students.
• Wrote advertisements on brochures for 6 different summer camps.
• Collated 4 years’ worth of data on in-house and outreach programs to assess the value of current programs.
Course-Related Projects: (University of Illinois, Urbana-Chapaign: 2017)
• Developed an outreach program for the Krannert Art Museum targeting senior centers to improve their quality of life and expand the museum’s reach in the community.
• Helped found the student organization Rogue Krannert which uses social media to raise awareness of the Krannert Art Museum’s exhibits and openings among university students.
• Developed a mobile application called Museum Connections that identifies objects of a similar subject throughout the museum to deepen visitor engagement.
• Collaborated with a 4 member team to create an escape room event at the Krannert Art Museum for 30 college students.
Educator (Museum of the Grand Prairie, Mahomet, IL: April 2017)
• Taught historical programming for over 70 students.
• Helped with spring break programming, serving over 40 families Assistant Registrar (Spurlock Museum, Urbana: 2017)
• Identified Ancient Greek coins within the collection and wrote descriptions for the website.
• Selected artifacts and wrote copy for an exhibit on Akan goldweights from Ghana.
Internship: (Putnam Museum, Davenport, IA 2016)
• Designed a display case on the daily life of Egyptians.
• Helped install the traveling exhibit: The Discovery of King Tut.
• Collected data on curriculums from over 20 elementary schools to facilitate more outreach programs.
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL: December, 2017
Masters of Library and Information Science
Museum Studies Minor
Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, PA: May, 2011
B.A. in Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
Religious Studies Minor with a specialization in Islamic Studies
Team Member (Target, Moline, IL: Present)
• Served on an electronics team that was ranked number 1 in sales for the district 22 weeks in a row.
• Helped see the store through 2 major remodels by answering guests’ questions and building displays.
• Works on developing new employees, including executives in training.
• Received recognition for excellent customer service.
Circulation Assistant (University of Illinois Law Library, Champaign, IL: 2017)
• Used library software to assist patrons with checking out books and navigating the library.
• Managed and maintained office equipment.
Circulation Assistant (Franklin & Marshall College Library, Lancaster, PA: 2011)
• Assisted community patrons, students, faculty, and staff in locating materials through ready-reference research skills.
• Evaluated and ordered new books for the fiction section.
Research Assistant (Poggio Colla Archaeological Field School, Vicchio, Italy: 2009)
• Participated in the excavation of an Etruscan temple near Vicchio, Italy.
• Examined over 60 artifacts from the dig site and compared measurements to determine if the settlement was a production center.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Familiar with Altru, FileMakr Pro and Emu II
• Practiced party planner